Tweaked from Minimalist Baker.
Truly the best vegan burger ever.
1 can chickpeas
5 oz green chilis
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 crushed tortilla chips (I used organic & gluten free)
1 handful cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp extra hot red chili powder
1 tsp green chili powder
4 tbsp avocado oil
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup onion
1/4 cup hot salsa (green mountain gringo hot salsa is my favorite!!)
1/4 cup cilantro
1. Mince garlic and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Move cooked garlic and shallots into large bowl and add chickpeas (drained & rinsed), crushed tortilla chips, green chilis, cilantro, lime juice, avocado oil, cumin, & red/green chili powders.
3. Mash all the ingredients together with a fork until mixed. If mixture isn't moist enough for patties add more avocado oil.
4. Make sure the mixture is evenly pressed down in the bowl then cut into 4 sections (make line down center with fork horizontal then vertical.
5. Roll each section into a ball then press down to make a patty.
6. Heat cast iron on medium then add avocado oil. Once hot add your patties and let cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
7. Let cool then add your toppings! (I had mine on a bed of roasted kale & my boyfriend had his on a bun!)